Parents Visa

For Australian citizens and permanent residents who wish to sponsor their parents to live in Australia.

Family is important and this includes being together with your parents. After you become a permanent resident, you may be able to sponsor your parents to live in Australia. All parent visas are subject to the balance-of-family test. You meet this test if at least half of your children and step-children are Australian citizen or permanent residents or there are more children in Australia than in any other single country.

If your parent does not meet the balance-of-family test, they may still be eligible for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870) to live in Australia for a period of time.

Depending on your parents’ age and situation, you may be eligible for one of the following main types of parent visas:

Parent Visa (Permanent) (Subclass 103)

Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent) (Subclass 143)

Note there are temp stage 1 options

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Permanent) (Subclass 864)

Note there are temp stage 1 options