The Skilled Migration stream is designed to attract skilled people who are able to contribute their skills to the Australian economy and fill work positions where no local employees are available. The skilled migrants also play an important role in developing regional Australia areas by providing skills and labour to these areas with a lack of workforce.
Skilled Occupation List
In order to be eligible, one of the criteria is that your work and skill must be in the “eligible skilled occupation” list.
The Skilled Migration visas below are currently available:
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Training visa (subclass 407)
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)