Professional Help With Partner Visa

Love crosses borders and oceans. If you have met your perfect match overseas, we can help you to begin your new life together in Australia.

Partner Visa

If you are in a genuine and ongoing relationship with an Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen, your partner will be able to sponsor you for a partner visa to live and work in Australia. In most circumstances, you do not have to be married before you apply for a partner visa, however, you do have to demonstrate that you are committed to a shared life together, either as a married couple or a de facto couple.

The partner visa pathway to permanent resident is a two-step process. You will first be granted a provisional visa on which you can live and work in Australia as a temporary resident. After a period of time, usually 2 years from lodgement of the temporary partner visa application, and if you are still in an ongoing relationship, you can apply for permanent residency. If your relationship breaks down during the 2 year period, you may still be able to apply for permanent resident in special circumstances (for example, if your partner has passed away, or there has been family violence).

Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for one of the following:

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

This visa is suitable for couples who are engaged and wish to get married in Australia. You do not need to show that you have lived together previously. On grant of this temporary Prospective Marriage Visa, you can travel to Australia for the wedding which must take place within 9 months of visa grant. After you are married, you can apply for the Subclass 820 Partner Visa (Temporary) to stay in Australia.

Partner Visa (Temporary) (Subclass 820 or Subclass 309)

This visa is suitable for couples who are married, in a recognised civil partnership or have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months. On grant of this temporary Partner Visa, you can live, work and travel to and from Australia until the grant of the 2nd stage Subclass 801 Partner Visa (Permanent).

Partner Visa (Permanent) (Subclass 801 or Subclass 100)

The application for this permanent visa is lodged at the same time as the temporary visa. Around the 2nd anniversary of the lodgement date, you will be invited to provide further evidence to show that your genuine relationship is ongoing. This permanent Partner Visa is valid for 5 years and will give you permanent resident status in Australia and is valid for 5 years. To maintain permanent residency after the 5 years, you can apply for a Resident Return Visa or Australian citizenship.

Application Process

Life can be complicated and your partner visa pathway may be equally complex. To give your partner visa application the best chance of success, we can assist you with each step of your visa journey from initial advice, preparation of evidence and submissions, application lodgement and representation at the Department of Home Affairs until the visa decision.

If you feel comfortable with gathering evidence and completing online forms yourself but you would like some advice along the way and before lodgement, we can offer an application review service.

We quote fixed fees and payment schedules for our professional fees to give you peace of mind.

Contact us now

We are a professional law firm located in Brisbane Sunnybank. Contact our Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers now to get professional migration advice!

We understand it is extremely important for you and your partner to get this visa. Therefore, we will treat you as our most valuable client and make every move diligently and professionally.

Contact us and speak to one of our Migration Agents / Immigration Lawyers and get valuable migration advice. Leave us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you may call us directly on +61 7 3344 2888 to book your initial consultation!